RESEARCH & DONATIONS
Support for the Pediatric IBD Programme’s Research
In this section, you’ll find information about:
- the 3E Center for Child & Youth Digestive Health, where you go for regular follow-up visits
- the 3E team of health professionals that work with you in the clinic
- some of the “hidden teams” that help us with your diagnostic and follow-up testing
- the Children’s Exercise & Nutrition Centre, where you may be sent for tailored exercise and/or nutritional programs, if appropriate
- the Pediatric General Surgery Clinic, where you may be seen if we feel that surgery could help improve your health and quality of life
- the Medical Day Care & Sedation Unit, where you may receive same-day procedures (such as a medication infusion) that don’t require you to stay overnight
We don’t consider ourselves as having been successful unless a child is a full participant in life.
We’re shamelessly optimistic. We know there are going to be difficult times. But, fundamentally, we think they’re going to turn out to be healthy kids.
The McMaster Children’s Hospital Pediatric IBD Team